Although snoring may seem like a benign problem, it could be hiding a deeper issue with more serious health consequences, like sleep apnea.
In addition to the dangers related to sleep apnea, research has shown that those who snore are at a higher risk of developing arterial sclerosis, which hardens the arteries and leads to other diseases.
Physiological symptoms linked to snoring:
- Lowered concentration and alertness
- Unusual fatigue upon waking
- Tendency to doze off during the day
- Memory lapses
- Headaches or sore throat upon waking
- High blood pressure or cardiovascular problems
At Centre Dentaire Delongchamp, we’ll assess your symptoms and work with sleep specialists to develop a treatment plan just for you. For more information, call us at 450-562-0266.